Saturday, October 25, 2014

R.I.P. John











Hello friends,




10 years ago today I was honeymooning in Jamaica, more precisely we were driving in a rented Jeep from Negril up to Port Antonio, enjoying the South Coast, the sun and ourselves. The radio in the car was a shabby old thing and the reception was poor at its best times.


Things improved when approaching Kingston, and the variety of stations you could choose from increased. We found one which had a tonful of good music, Joy Divison came up and The Cure were played amongst others, so a good time was had by all.




Nevertheless I had to stop on Washington Boulevard, because by then I had found out why it was that this music was played. It must have been rather a strange sight for the natives passing by to see a grown man sitting in a Jeep crying like a baby ...




Within the last ten years musicwise my life has not been the same, therefore I won't offer any music to you today, instead a little something from an answering machine, recorded yesterday or so ten years ago:








John Peel phone call from Peru (mp3)




Take care,




Dirk

1 comment:

Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

I've heard that audio. I can't bring myself to play it again.

(By the way I don't know if you've seen but you have a starring role in this year's #keepingitpeel:
http://keepingitpeel.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/keepingitpeel-2014/