Thursday, October 9, 2014

George - "Beaches and Sunshine"

Hello dear friends,

a few days ago I offered you to send in requests, so that I can make your very own specially customized mix for you ... you choose the topic, I choose the tunes. Some people answered and indeed I hope there will be more to follow, because - as I said - I enjoy doing these things mightily!

The first contender was George, who runs a very fine blog, Jim McLeans's Rabbit. A great variety of music is being offered on a daily basis, so I urge you all to have look at his site. Our George is one of those rare creatures who lives in the Portuguese  sun, not too far away from some fine beaches (which probably is one of the reasons that he is able to post on a daily basis) and his only mistake is that he never gets tired of letting us know what a wonderful life he has down there. He tends to explain how hard it all his because of the mosquitos and the three damned trees he has to cut a branch off from every once in a while, but we all know his only intention is to make us all jealous, which perfectly works out each and every time, at least as far as I'm concerned.

His other mistake is that he can't stand The Clash which is something I can't cope with!

Here's his request: "anyway, I have a request: on the theme of Portugal. Don't know why that idea came into my head.....if it proves too hard, what about the theme of "beaches and sunshine". It's another beautiful day here...."

Therefore your mix, George, perhaps is not what you expected in the first place: no fragile little records you can dream along to whilst laying on your bloody beach, staring into the sunlight and laughing your head off in the knowledge that we freeze ourselves to death in the pouring rain here in the Northern hemisphere. Nope, in fact the mix turned out to be rather rowdyish, nonethless, I would think, enjoyable.

So here you are, mate, this is for you: "Beaches and sunshine", as requested ... well, sort of. Enjoy:


"Beaches and Sunshine" (mp3)


Take good care,

Dirk

4 comments:

george said...

Thanks for the mix and for the plug. I will download and listen to it in the rain.......it is absolutely pouring down!

TheRobster said...

Good mix, I see you just can't resist Helen Love can you...

Oh, I removed and readded you to my blogroll - didn't work. Blogger does this sometimes, just lately it's been behaving like a twat.

TheRobster said...

Tried the blogroll thing again and still not working. I wonder if it has anything to do with your new-style posts? Only one post appears per page now.

Charity Chic said...

Dirk - as I'm just back from holidays - can I have a holiday mix please?