Friday, April 4, 2008

My Peel Tapes: IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARTS 1 - 4!!


Dear friends,

with every tape I get in my hands, the decision which track to play and which ones not to becomes more and more difficult. Therefore I decided to edit the 4 posts below, you will now find [in brackets] the tracks on the specific tape which I went out to buy after I heard them, but did NOT post here in favour of other ones. They are all available though, mostly on original vinyl, in my collection: so if you're interested to hear one of them, get up and write a comment instead of just sucking the ones I did post. I promise to do an 'Upon Request - post' on a regular basis, in which, obviously, the requested tracks will crop up. Believe me, it's your loss if you don't write/comment and request, because they're all good. If not brilliant.

Just do it!

Dirk

3 comments:

FiL said...

Dearest Dirk - thank you so much for posting all of these wonderful, wonderful tracks! I can't even BEGIN to say which ones I enjoyed most. Well, OK, I'll give special thanks for the Brilliant Corners one. Ausgeseichnet! Prima! Toll! usw...

Though I didn't tape his shows, I have very fond memories of many a late night spent with Dearest Uncle John, though due to geography that wasn't until the 1990s. When I heard he had died, I spent the whole day depressed and trying not to cry...

Unknown said...

You tell them brother!!!!

In blogging terms, there's nothing worse than folk coming on, spending an hour or so browsing and hoovering up your precious download space and then pissing off without even saying 'hi' or 'thank you'.

Loving what you're doing here...

Dirk said...

I really honestly do think, dear FiL, not a single day has passed since his death, on which I have not thought of him in one form or another.

He really is sorely missed: what a nice and friendly bloke he was!

Dirk