Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bands From Glasgow Pt. 2

Hi folks,

welcome to the second part of 'Bands From Glasgow' ... and I'm curious to find out whom JC danced with this time *smile* .... read his great comment on Pt. 1 and you will understand what I'm talking about ...

BMX Bandits. Favourite track, although, to be a absolutely frank to you, I don't know a great deal of their work alas, is 'Kylie's Got A Crush On Us' (mp3), a 12" from 1993. Notable: the singer, Duglas T. Stewart, once was in a group together with Frances McKee out of the fantastic Vaselines.

Camera Obscura. Favourite track, a 7" from 2004, is 'Keep It Clean' (mp3). Notable: see Belle & Sebastian: also Camera Obscura haven't done a single bad thing over the years, have they?

Lloyd Cole & The Commotions. Favourite track is 'Andy's Babies' (mp3), which was on the B-Side of the 1985 'Perfect Skin' - 12". Notable: I really honestly do think that if you haven't heard their brilliant 'Rattlesnakes' - LP, your life is somewhat incomplete!

Del Amitri. Again I must admit I don't know much about them nor do I know many songs. Therefore this is not my favourite track, but 'just one I know', which doesn't mean it's bad: 'Some Other Sucker's Parade' (mp3) from 1997. Notable: obviously nothing.

Jesus & Mary Chain. Favourite track: 'You Trip Me Up' (mp3). A 12"from 1985. Notable: fuckin' brilliant, there ain't much more to say. Definetely the loudest band I ever saw live in my live. And I saw them three times back in the 80's .... awesome!!

Delgados. My favourite track is the Peel Session version of 'Under Canvas, Under Wraps' (mp3) , recorded in 1996. Notable: they got their name from Pedro Delgado, a Tour de France winning cyclist ....

Franz Ferdinand. Favourite track is 'Jacqueline'(mp3) the opener from the 2004 album 'Franz Ferdinand'. Notable: I know people say they are the best thing since sliced bread, but believe it or not: I never cared for them a great deal ....

Enough for tonight, my beauties ... and perhaps I'll find the time tomorrow to continue.

Leave comments, take good care and enjoy!

Cheers!

No comments: